Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

There's always a first......

and it happened a little too soon. I had wanted to reserve this stage of the hobby till retirement as this can be a very time consuming activity and it is.

I had always wanted to start on model kit building and finally decided to purchase my first Gunpla model kit - 1/100 scale GNY 001 Gundam Astraea Type F2. It took me 5 hours to finally pieced it together and I am rather pleased with my workmanship.


Equipped with proto GN sword and GN shield
Strike a deadly pose
Armed with GN beam rifle and shieldWithout display stand and shield
The massive and powerful GN Launcher mounted on the shoulder
The classic GN Beam Saber
Strike to kill
The experience of building the 1/100 scale was so fantastic that I bought the Master Grade RX-0 Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka Titanium Finish. It was 3 times the price of what I paid for the Astraea but I think it's worth the price for the quality of a Master Grade Gunpla kit. Now the question is......when will I get it assembled?

1 comment:

Shaun said...

very belated congrats for your first kit. I don't know about you, but building gunpla does take away the urge for the next toy for me, as the focus is on completing the kit.