Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Prime Time ... ...

without Prime. The latest Transformers series spawn a collection of toys from the show and since they are on sales. I've grabbed 3.


It was the 3rd day of the Lunar New Year and was enticed by the toy sale advertisement by Toys'R'Us. I had to make the trip as I've never made it to a member only sale due to work commitment. However, it turned out to be total waste of time and so I ended up at OG Orchard instead.

Grabbed 3 of what I like best of what's on offer. Rumble, Dead End and Bumble Bee.


Rumble started this purchase and it's the pile drivers that hit the sweet spots. The hatchback vehicle mode with the red tinted window looks great. The colors also pay homage to Rumble's red with the red hue in the windows.









The robot mode is indeed exciting with great articulation and thus many poses are possible. The only dislike I have is that the blue portion that's supposedly on the pile drivers as shown in the packaging is not delivered here.







Dead End falls in the category of sword wielding robots that I'm a sucker for. The super car vehicle mode is exactly the same as Autobots' Wheeljack.







Not sure if the details on the blade is intentional but it does add character to the weapon.









I enjoyed the robot mode as much too with the articulation making many poses possible.








Finally, I had to make my last decision and I went for Bumble Bee. Yes, I have many Bumble Bees in most variant Hasbro or Takara Tomy can offer. However, I really needed a 3rd piece in the purchase and this Shadow Strike version does appeal. 






Vehicle mode is similar to the movie Camaro version and yes, the doors open...Nice.




Articulation here is not as good as the other 2 but it's Bee...so, let's cut him some slacks.




No comments: