Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

G.F.F 1013 Banshee Norn ... ...

I've been resisting the temptation to get anymore Gundam related figures and Gundam Fix Figuration (G.F.F) is one of those I told myself to stop getting as I still have many left unboxed in my cabinets. Then, Bandai came up with G.F.F Metal Composite version of various iconic Gundams. They look fantastic and so are their price tags. Thus, I have resisted well thus far.

Until this came along, the Unicorn Gundam 02, Banshee Norn. More information here.
Quick search on my blog and I realised I do have quite a fair bit of figures that's Unicorn related. Of course, one of the prized item is the MG Unicorn which I built.  




The packaging sure looks big but the figure is about the size of a MG.


Figure comes default in Unicorn Mode and the Banshee colour is indeed more intimidating than the Unicorn.







Articulation isn't anything to brag about and the figure is still mainly constructed with plastic and the metal composites if any can be found in the joints. Now, that is a bad idea to have plastic around metal and you know what I mean if you know your science.








The Banshee comes with a Beam Magnum with rocket launcher attachment. There was this little attachment to the launcher which I didn't bother to attach as I have no idea what the instruction in Japanese is explaining. Not watching the movie is another problem as well. This attachment is known as the Beam Jitte; "A Beam Jitte is attached to the Banshee Norn's Revolving Launcher. Essentially a beam bayonet, it is designed to catch enemy beam sabers, allowing the pilot to quickly counter when there is no time to draw out his main beam saber, or used when the Banshee Norn is in a tight situation when it lost its Beam Sabers."



The shield is another highlight of Banshee and it's actually an improved version of the Unicorn shield. This means, the shield is detachable but I didn't bother to take it apart.








Extra ammo can be carried at the rear.






Shield and Beam Magnum can be attached to the back of the backpack unit. I have only attached the shield.


The best mode is the Psycho mode and this makes a very good display piece.












Last Unicorn? Most probably.

No comments: